#theblindmanswife

#theblindmanswife

Saturday 6 August 2016

Day 5: The Poison Chalice

Every morning my blindman makes me a fresh pot of herbal loss leave tea. He pours it into the tea pot and scalds his finger tip daily just to measure when to stop pouring...now that's what I call love. 
Knowing that I have an early start to the day he transfers the hot brew into a clear flask so I can take it with me into the car. 
The water has a yellowed tinge to  it almost looks like daisies and the smell is divine like minted flowers. 

This afternoon I found my tea flask sitting on the bench and it was full. Thinking that my loving husband had refilled it for me and being that it was that time in the day when you clearly haven't drunk enough water...your so parched that your mouth feels like you've eaten the Arabian desert...I proceeded to skull the golden brew down. Yes it was a huge chug like I had been a Friday night binge drinker for years, with my friends cheering me on I the background "Drink, drink drink"  (of course I know nothing of that sort of behaviour because I am a good Mormon girl and I don't drink - alcohol that is!)


So like a fish I sculled the concoction down until it was half done...then to my utter dismay I tasted what I had thrown down my neck...it wasn't my favourite tea at all...it was a bottle of soaking dishwashing water same colour as my tea, that someone had decided to leave in the bottle to make sure it had a good clean. GULP! 

My first thought...am I going to die? The next one...read the side of the washing up liquid bottle...and the next thought...it was pretty watered down I should be okay. My mouth tastes just like it did after my Father had washed it out with soap after telling my sister to "shut up" as a kid...that was considered the worst 2 words in the world in the 70's in my family at least! 

There has been a few times my blind man has put a foreign substance in his mouth that he thought was something entirely different. Like the time he squeezed nappy rash cream onto his toothbrush and proceeded to try and clean his teeth...oh the commotion from the bathroom that night was fun to see! Husband gagging, spitting and then using the bath towel to wipe out the greasy slime from his mouth.  Me rolling around on the bed in fits of laughter...yes not too much compassion from me at times. 

But tonight was my turn for gagging! Both my blind husband and our two visiting friend all having the last laugh! Just as well I lived to tell the tale. Look on the bright side...I won't be needing to do a dietary cleans for a while...those soap suds totally did the trick!  Warning: Don't try this at home (cause you might end up with bubbles coming out your rear bubble blower...if you know what I mean...wink wink)

Nimueh from the series Merlin enchanted the chalice in a plot to poison the Arthur...I am still yet to find out who filled my flask...the guilty party has stayed very quiet...lol
http://merlin.wikia.com/wiki/The_Poisoned_Chalice

No comments:

Post a Comment