#theblindmanswife

#theblindmanswife

Wednesday 31 August 2016

Day 31: Somethings Fishy!!!

I came home last night to my beautiful husband taking on the fatherly duty of making dinner for his hungry hoards that have been busy shopping. The smell that wafted through the house was that of melted cheese and creamy tuna bake.


At first glance it looked just like the recipe that I made up 25 years ago. The one that I proudly have presented to my family for nourishment at least once a week as we sat down as a family at the dinner table.

After breaking through the melted cheesy toasty top  there was a slightly different flavour. The girls were all congratulating their Dad for the best Tuna Pasta Bake they have ever tasted  as they are each took a bite of the creamy cheesey pasta that melted in their mouth...I must say it was pretty good and my ego was slightly tarnished by their efforts to build up their dad with praise.

After asking him what the difference was he explained to me something that had me literally gagging...

He said..."I was looking for cat food and accidentally" he paused right there and in my mind we had been eating the tuna meant for the cat....perhaps the jellied tuna mix of Wiskers was the difference in flavour! Then he continued..."I accidentally opened a can of creamed corn." My next thought was...did he scrape the creamed corn out of the cats bowl and repurpose it in our casserole?

After quizzing him further he reassured me the cat food was not the tuna he used and the creamed corn was only the stuff that was left in the can after he realised his mistake. Phew!
I did however check the empty cans just to make sure before I took another bite...the girls thought it was the funniest event of the day...and I admit it is a hazard of being married to a blind man...oh the recipes we have discovered over the years by not wasting cans that Deano has opened in error. This one happens to be a corker!
Deano's tuna bake...add...creamed corn not Cat food!

4 comments:

  1. Reminds me of your Dad eating left-overs which I'd kept to feed the dogs, combining it with dog food. He thought it was pretty tasty, until i told him what was in it. Laughs all round as Dad Gagged!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right mum, I had forgotten about that...how funny

      Delete
  2. I just enjoy your blog posts so much. Filled with honesty, humour and love. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you like reading it. Feel free to share it xo

      Delete