#theblindmanswife

#theblindmanswife

Friday 23 September 2016

Day 54: I Love You More Than Chocolate!

"I love you more than chocolate" was something I used to say to my husband when we were first married and still do from time to time ..and as any woman knows that is a massive statement to make when it's a few days before the monthlies are due and all that seems to go in the trolley is chocolate of any type of variety...chocolate cereal, chocolate ice cream, chocolate waffles, chocolate cake, chocolate cherries, chocolate milk, chocolate cream eggs! If I could find chocolate in any one of the food groups I would have it go through the checkout before even registering it was soon to be that time of the month...I know this is not just happening to me ladies...or am I just the crazy one here! 
Our wedding day not the best pic of everyone but I just love the way it captures Deano looking at me with a huge smile.


Now that I am a little closer to the second big "M" word that apparently  only happens to women in western countries (as told to me by a women's health nurse that women in Asia don't even have a word for "it" as they rarely go through menopause due to their high intake of soy) so that's something for me to look forward to...letting go of my chocolate buying habit and embracing one that includes the purchasing of hand held fans, moistened towelettes and ice pack thingies to wrap around my neck to prevent me from the overheating of my bodily functions as I crack into the day and night sweats...I think the chocolate has to stay...(probably why my mum caries a block or two in her bag at any time) Beside all of that my husband has loved me through it all and I still love him more than chocolate...even if I have to share it with him...and he can't see how many pieces I have eaten and that's another reason why I love him!

Today Is a day of deep reflection, one of those days where a woman hates to admit that she is another year older...and yet this year is a little different...it's been a year of massive consideration...a year of letting go of control of my own business in order to help my Blindman with his. It's been a year where I have discovered a part of me that never really existed before...the feminine part in all its problematics chocolate loving glory....the part that just says no mater what happens everything will be okay...and it's been a year where I have learnt to see the good in every situation even the ones that suck...because without embracing the suck I won't recognise the great things that can and ultimately do come out of difficulty. 

This blog has given me an opportunity to take a closer look at why things have happened to us as a couple..just like a plain block of Cadbury chocolate compared to a block with a gooey rich centre, life would just be dull without the sticky sweetness that's found in the centre of life...the little bit of drama...the funny mishap and the excitement of new discoveries. I have been married for many more years than I have been single and each day with Deano it has its challenges. I see what he doesn't and he sees me...the real me...more than anyone else has...and that's why I don't mind sharing my Mars Bars with him because I love him more than chocolate. 

Ps he gave me chocolate yesterday a day earlier than my birthday and then told me this morning "I gave you chocolate yesterday"...then hesitated when he heard my groan and quickly said "but I will buy you some more today" that's because he loves me too more than chocolate... 

Note to self: I think we will become diabetics together! Lol! Nope I can't have us both go blind...better tell him to lay off buying me more chocolate, perhaps I could settle for a chocolate birthday cake made in the shape of a handheld fan to help me celebrate my coming of age, I better get in the kitchen get out that Woman's Weekly Birthday Cake Edition and start whipping up a chocolate Fan cake storm! 

                             check out some of my cake creations below                    

Birthday Princess Dolly Varden Cake
Birthday Princess Fiona Cake
Hey Diddle Diddle The Cat Birthday cake
Humpty Dumpty Birthday Cake
Barbie Castle Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment