#theblindmanswife

#theblindmanswife

Wednesday 7 September 2016

Day 38: Unleash the Power Within

Deano and I love real life experiences, not the ones that you get from sitting in front of the idiot box but the thrilling ones that gives us opportunities to remember and share memories with our friends and family. 

In 2014 my Blindman and I enrolled in an unusual life course called Unleash the Power Within. This was held at the Sydney Olympic Stadium. It was a challenging experience where we faced our life's limiting beliefs and turned our anticipations into life's unlimited beliefs. This program made us face with authenticity our emotions and cognitive ability in a way that we had never challenged before. This journey started two years ago and it literally has changed our lives forever. 

Because Deano has had to deal with being blind right from the get go sometimes he struggles with the big question of Why me? In a very short period of time he has learnt to ask the questions...why not me...what can I gain from this, and what will other's learn from my life's story. Where my husband once believed his blindness was embarrassing and made his feel socially awkward,  he now knows it's his blindness that makes him different and draws friendships to him.

What if life was working for you not to you?

Today we return back to the original Anthony Robbins seminar but this time we are not the ones walking the hot coals. Yes I said hot coals...we did this in 2014 and survived...not one burn because we believed we could and it happened! This year it's special because three of our four girls are participating and Deano and I are volunteering as part of the fire crew. Yes these three young ladies have given us enough heat over the years, (as any teenager naturally does) now it Mum and Dads turn to heat it up! 

Today as a couple we will watch three of our most precious creations learn a valuable lesson...one that I believe all people should know. The mind is very powerful and if harnessed you become an unstoppable force for good! Through this experience shared with 4000 other willing participants and 500 volunteers these people over days become extended family with likeminded goals to change the world one controlled thoughtful emotion at a time. 

It's with high recommendation that I suggest anyone with limiting belief, no mater what kind, come to such an event. It will change your life. I always knew my purpose in life...I just didn't know how to feel joy in the journey...that was until two years ago, although at times I still get stressed I have learnt to look and embrace the funny side of life, the oddness of my situation being married to a Blindman and raising four teenage daughters  in this often crazy world, and through my change in state I have drawn  confidence and people and opportunities into my life which I could never have dreamed of. I have learnt to Unleash the Power Within!

No comments:

Post a Comment